Saturday, December 09, 2006

Day 5 - Thursday Nov. 23 - Dortmond, Germany

On Thursday, Leslie was nice enough to take us down to Dortmund to go to the Christmas market there. I LOVED the christmas markets....the food, the christmas decorations, all the people...they were so much fun. And I started buying a bunch of stuff! :) I could have easily bought more. Between the two days (Thursday & Friday) at the markets...I bought quite a bit. :)

After we spent the day in Dortmund, we ended up going to have American Thanksgiving with a bunch of Leslie and Jonathan's friends. A bunch of the American's from church were getting together to celebrate the holiday....so we decided to tag along. And it was a lot of fun to meet everyone. I even saw someone I knew - my brother Steve's friend Gardner and his family who had just moved to Germany a couple of months ago were there. Gardner and Steve used to work together in Madison, WI. It's always a small world in the church...


Dortmund Christmas Market!



They have these very cool nativity things in Germany - which are smaller versions of this giant thing. You light the candles and the things at the top start turning....they are very cool looking - but very expensive. I ended up buying one the next day in Cologne...and I got the cheapest one I could find..and it still was expensive - but I like it.


Me and Leslie

The tree at Dortmund...So this is a bunch of smaller trees all tied together...and apparently there are stairs that you can walk up into it...the stairs were closed off when we were there though.

Trying to get me in a picture...

Some mansion/castle that Leslie drove us by in Dusseldorf. This is a picture of the mote that surrounds it.



Not that many pictures this day....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home